Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

Our dog has been becoming more and more non responsive the

Customer Question

Good evening, our dog has been becoming more and more non responsive the last couple of days and now will not eat. Tonight he would not even lift his head when we called him. He did get up and go to his bowl when we poured him some fresh water but he just looked at it and layer back down.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good evening - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I' sorry to hear that Bash has not been feeling well!

I'm very concerned when I hear that pets are "unresponsive". If they aren't feeling well enough to even pick up their head when you speak to them, it definitely merits a trip to the vet - potentially an ER if your vet isn't open right now.

Unfortunately lethargy and unwillingness to eat are very vague symptoms and not indicative of any one disease in particular. It could be that he's got something manageable like a nasty stomach flu all the way up to something really life threatening like kidney failure or internal bleeding. Unfortunately I think it's going to take an in-person exam by the vet to get things sorted out for you. I really wish that I could be more helpful here, but I'm limited on what I can do without actually seeing him for myself.

Please let me know what follow up questions I can answer for you :0

~Dr. Sara