Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My bischon fraise 11 years old just started standing and

Customer Question

My bischon fraise 11 years old just started standing and staring and seems una ware of her surroundings. Drooling a little. Totally out of character
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi there this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. The signs you are describing can fit with a couple of things....the drooling worries me for severe periodontal disease so a vet needs to do a real good exam on her oral cavity. The standing and staring fits with cognitive disease of older dogs. The last thing I would be concerned about would be some type of seizure activity that does not involve active seizing. This is going to definitely require a vet trip but at least you know the things that your vet should check for. I check my computer each night and would be happy to respond to any questions you may have. Most Sincerely, DRB