How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 24410
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My puppy just ate some rat poison that has been open 5 years

Customer Question

my puppy just ate some rat poison that has been open for over 5 years and expired last year. I don't know how much but she weighs about 4 pounds
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

It wouldn't take much poison to be life-threatening to a 4 lb pup. Can you tell me the active ingredient in that poison, please? Do you have 3% hydrogen peroxide at home?

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

This is a time sensitive question and because I have to leave my computer I'm going to opt out which will allow other experts to enter this conversation.