Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I adopted a rescue dog almost two weeks ago. In the time I

Customer Question

I adopted a rescue dog almost two weeks ago. In the time I have had her she has not had one solid bowel movement, they seem to be getting worse. I have tried a rice only diet, I have tried Imodium, I have tried flagil & now a probiotics. The rescue group said she had no history of this problem when she was in foster. I know that a change in diet could do it but it surely shouldn't take two weeks would it? My vet is away for another week so I was wondering if you may have suggestions..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much does she weigh?

What dose of Imodium and Flagyl did you give? How often? For how long?

Was she wormed at any stage?

Is she losing weight?

What do her stools look like? Any blood or mucus?