Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I didn't expect a chat, but since you offer...

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dog is drinking lots of water, but not eating much of anything. She seems fairly normal otherwise. Not particularly lethargic or depressed. Still somewhat active. She is moving a bit slower than normal, but she's somewhat older - so not totally out of the ordinary.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with your problem today. Your pet is exhibiting something called polydipsia or drinking lots of water. That in an older dog is always a sign that something is wrong.The fact that her appetite is gone is also a sign of disease. She needs to be seen by your vet and have a CBC, chemistry, lytes, heartworm test, and may need other tests as well. It is very important that you make an appointment for her as soon as possible. I hope this helps you and I will check back with you tonight to see if you have any other questions for me. Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in with you to see if you need additional assistance. I will check back in with you tomorrow night. Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B