Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Our 50 pound german shorthaired pointer is six years old and

Customer Question

Our 50 pound german shorthaired pointer is six years old and has only been treated for an ear infection once. Super healthy. He gets regular vet checks. During the night he left our bed and went to his bed in another part of the house which was most unusual. He is usually bright and bouncy. Today he is lethargic and is literally dragging around. He seems to have some tenderness in his neck area although we can find no evidence of a bite or anything swollen. We have given him a baby aspirin. We don't know what else to do. We are new to this area and can find no veterinary clinics open on this holiday weekend. Please tell us how to help and what we can do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- Any other symptoms?

3- How is he showing tenderness in the neck area?

4- How much does he weigh?

5- How many milligrams of aspirin are you giving and how often?