Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Is it okay month old puppies and momma dog to travel? I'm

Customer Question

Is it okay for one month old puppies and momma dog to travel?
I'm planning on going out of town tomorrow morning and the drive will be 5 hours there and 5 hours back. So ten hours total with several hours of rest in between?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

There's no contraindication to your taking the pups and mom with you. They might drive you nuts but it's not dangerous to take them with you. Bring lots of towels and cleaning supplies. Bring drinking water and food for everybody. Stop often. Don't let the pups out of the vehicle. Ashley can leave the vehicle but I want you to wash her feet off before she re-enters it. Over the counter Hebiclens (chlorhexidine) is a good choice for washing her feet. Wash your shoes or change your shoes before exiting and re-entering the vehicle. Alternatively, wear disposable surgical booties. I don't want anybody tracking parvovirus or the distemper virus back into the vehicle with them. Don't let anybody pet your dogs.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Kelsey,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ashley And Puppies. How is everything going?