Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My 9 week old sheltie female is acting very strangly. she

Customer Question

My 9 week old sheltie female is acting very strangly. she has not had a nap all day because the grandchildren are here. She went to sleep over an hr ago but when we tried to wake her her tongue was hang out, her eyes rolled back and she is having trouble walking. Her head is also woobly.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help. Has she eaten anything today unusual or is it possible that she was able to eat medication that might have fallen on the floor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has been in and out all day and I don't know if she ate something strange but she had noaccess to meds

Do you know the last time she had a meal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has been in and out all day and I don't know if she ate something strange but she had noaccess to medsabout 7 p

It sounds like she may have a low blood sugar. It is a more common problem for smaller puppies when they have eaten for several hours. Try giving her honey or karo syrup as well as a normal meal. The honey can be rubbed on her gums if she won't eat it. That should get her blood sugar into the normal range and just make sure she eats a meal. If she continues to act strangely or worsens despite the honey and food then have her seen by a vet immediately. If you have more questions please reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you

Were you able to see my reply?