Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Dog has two puncture wounds from another dog. One in S on

Customer Question

Dog has two puncture wounds from another dog. One in
S on the back and the second on is on she right leg. Both dogs has had their shots. The puncutures are not bleeding. The dog can walk, but will. Ot eat. Has not eaten in 14 hrs. Should we take the dog to the vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The puncture are no bleeding
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am sorry to hear about Cho's condition. These puncture wounds tend to inject bacteria under the skin causing an infection that can be painful and may be developing an abscess. Of course, it would be best to have your vet examine these and start Cho on antibotics right away to prevent further growth of the infection.

In the meantime, apply hot compresses to the area of the wounds for 3-5 minutes every 4 hrs.This will tend to draw the infection to the surface and help remove and soothe this infection. If you can get Cho to eat something, it will help to give her aspirin at 5 mg per pond every 12 hrs to reduce pan and fever that will go along with this infection.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Cho.. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta