Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I have a Yorkie that is being barred with s brothers while

Customer Question

I have a Yorkie that is being barred with his brothers while we r waiting for our yacht sale to go thru in the keys. This morning they noticed marks on his stomach (about 6) and two near his legs. They look like giant hot spots but they r telling me it is not a rash and does not look external. I was wondering if the poisonous brown recluse spider in the keys could bite and cause this reaction. I was also worried about blood clots. He has never had this and has never been boarded. My vet does all vaccines except bordatella because I have six and they Never get boarded . This is the first and last time. It was an emergency.i can send the pictures to u that they took. We r going to take him to a vet around here if the 24 hour vet says it looks like we should take him. What do u think? Again it is not high by his neck or chest it is low from his mid down. Thanks so much
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue. Can you please attach photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the photo thank you for your help!
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

OK. I would see a veterinarian right away. This type of bruising could be a sign of a bleeding or clotting disorder that can come on very suddenly. I would have them take your dog to an emergency veterinarian today.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Marley. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.