jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

Can he still breed

Customer Question

can he still breed
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 year ago.

JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I believe your previous expert answered this for you. Are you looking for a second opinnion?

I was hoping for a response from you before answering, but want to give you my answer. It is usually difficult for a dog with only one descended testicle to father a litter as there is less viable sperm. In addition, since this is an inherited condition, morally you should not breed to prevent the offspring from inheriting the condition. So there is a chance that he might produce a litter, but it wouldn't be as likely as a dog who did not have only one descended testicle. You could have a sperm count done to determine if it is likely or not. Your best bet is to go ahead and have him neutered.

Hi James,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Elvis. How is everything going?
jadedangel57