Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I had 3/4 years ,he was always heathy kept up with shots,

Customer Question

I had ***** ***** for 12 3/4 years ,he was always heathy kept up with shots, good food ,daily exercise ,etc. about two months ago ,rudy started sneezing violently ,i notice a little blood dripping from the left side of his nostril so i think he's has
some kind of cold? I take to the vet and without a large expense meaning -X-ray and such,my dispense two wks antibiotics and antihistamine ,my dog only seemed to get worse , lethargy, vomiting,sleeping in weird places ? so saturday night july 11 at 10 pm he
started convulsing or having a seizure it lasted about 1 or2 mins.so i rushed him to a 24hr hospital near by. I explained to the vet the situation and asked him if i have something for rudy just to get him through the night see his vet on monday .The doctor
said could not guarantee he would not have another seizure and that it could cause blindness and such. what did he have? i put to sleep that night.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

My condolences for your loss of Ruby. Unilateral epistaxis (bloody nose) in an almost 13 year old dog most often represents a bleeding tumor in a sinus or nasal passage. The advent of seizures suggested that the tumor was malignant and had metastasized to Rudy's brain.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.