Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a minature schnauzer that is 10 years old. s back

Customer Question

I have a minature schnauzer that is 10 years old. His back gets itchy at times. I use Blue salmon food
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If you do not see any lumps or lesions in the area that is itchy, then this is most likely some form of allergy. Give Itto Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs to see if this will stop the itch. If it does not, have your vet check sweet Itto too see if there may be a matabolic issue such as Hypothyroid. I always worry at this age that something more serious may be going on.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Itto. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** does get lumps periodically but they are not the only isolated spots that he is itchy
Cheers
Len

Good, Len...try this treatment for Itto and in most cases, it will be effective. Good Luck, Len!