Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
On the one hand I just did a search and cannot find any great information on the toxicity of this product and how much we need to be worried, although there are studies reported on its use topically in dogs. I would have to direct you to call poison control for this if this was my patient to know how much we need to be concerned about the ingestion, and if further therapy like going to the ER and having activated charcoal administered, is needed.
In the meantime you can induce vomiting at home by administering hydrogen peroxide. Give 2 tablespoonfuls now by mouth. Do not mix with food. Best if given via syringe. Wait 10 minutes, if not vomiting then repeat one. If you are unable to get this down, then I recommend proceed to your vet now and have them induce vomiting via injection.