Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog just chewed a small tube of picata which is a skin

Customer Question

My dog just chewed a small tube of picata which is a skin cancer topical cream. Can I get him to throw up?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

On the one hand I just did a search and cannot find any great information on the toxicity of this product and how much we need to be worried, although there are studies reported on its use topically in dogs. I would have to direct you to call poison control for this if this was my patient to know how much we need to be concerned about the ingestion, and if further therapy like going to the ER and having activated charcoal administered, is needed.

In the meantime you can induce vomiting at home by administering hydrogen peroxide. Give 2 tablespoonfuls now by mouth. Do not mix with food. Best if given via syringe. Wait 10 minutes, if not vomiting then repeat one. If you are unable to get this down, then I recommend proceed to your vet now and have them induce vomiting via injection.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Joey