Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 9-1/2 yr old female pug is very junky following a three

Customer Question

My 9-1/2 yr old female pug is very junky following a three min seizure. What can we do to help her.? Going to a vet is not an option.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If this is due to Epilepsy, there is nothing you can do except supportive care. This will wear off within 1-2 hrs and your gal should be fine. If there is another cause for the seizure such as Liver disease or a brain lesion, then there is no other option than to see your vet. Hopefully, this is the only one that your gal will have and she will do fine.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****