Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 11 year old Rottie is throwing up multiple times

Customer Question

My 11 year old Rottie is throwing up multiple times throughout the day. I had him at the vet 2 months ago and they said they couldn't find anything wrong after X-rays
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has he had continous vomiting for 2 months?

Since he is older, did they check any bloods? Did they try any treatment?

Can he keep any food down? Water?

Does he drink more then he used to or pass large volumes of pale/watery urine?

Does he have diarrhea?

Any diet changes? Access to toxins (ie chemicals, plants, etc)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has been vomiting continuously He was on medication, they did blood work, x-rays and on bland diet. There has been no improvement. He drinks lots of water and vomits mostly liquid but more food is starting to come up.
They want to do biopsy of his stomach and other test that they estimate at 2,500
Which is not an option for me.
As far as his temperament goes,
He still gets excited for a walk or car ride
He loves to be near us and wants attention
And full of affection
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

What medication was he on? Is he on it now?

Does he pass watery, dilute, or large volumes of urine (a concern if he is drinking a lot)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has diarrhea once in awhile
He has not been exposed to toxins that I know of. We use to have bug sprayer once a month
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and just in case you didn't see my 2 additional questions,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call my vet to see what meds he was on
I don't remember the exact name
He is not on medication any longer
He does not pass large volumes of urine
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

That would be ideal, as it will let me appreciate what has been tried and what may still be options for symptomatic care since further diagnostics are not practical (which is understandable). As well, if you do speak to them, you may want to ask if there were changes on any of the tests that had them suspicious of the stomach being the focus of his signs (since nausea/vomiting can be triggered by GI but other issues as well).

Dr. B.