Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog vomited yellow yesterday. Now he seems very weak and

Customer Question

My dog vomited yellow yesterday. Now he seems very weak and when he's outside he doesn't want to come in. I had to pick him up and carry him inside. He isn't eating or drinking water
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question about Roscoe. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about his situation. Has he vomited at all today? Is he acting painful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't noticed any vomit today. He wants to lay down all the time and not move, I felt around to see if he was in pain but he didn't respond so I want to say no to the pain part.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your expert appears to have opted out of the question. Please give me an update on Roscoe. If he has remained lethargic and immobile and anorexic since you last posted "watchful waiting" isn't appropriate any longer. Roscoe needs the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. You can determine the urgency of this by doing three things for me...

1) Check his gum and tongue color. They should be nicely pink - not whitish (anemia) or bluish-greyish (cyanosis/lack of oxygen to his tissues).

2) Assess his respiratory rate at rest. He should be taking less than 40 breaths per minute.

3) Take his rectal temperature. Any body thermometer will do when inserted 1.5" into his rectum for 1 minute. Normal is 100.5-102.5F.

Please let me know what you find.