Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My shishpoo has a fatty lump in front of s right back leg.

Customer Question

My shishpoo has a fatty lump in front of his right back leg. The groomer found it was not there last time I had his groomed. Do u have any idea what it cud b. My husband thought a hernia. He is acting the same and eating and drinking.
Thank you
Jean
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon Jean and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If this lump is movable and painless, it is most likely a Lipoma. This is a benign mass that is harmless unless it gets large enough to interfere with Sid's function. I would certainly have your vet check it to be sure but these are very common and will not hurt Sid. Jean. You can rest easy...

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****