Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My fox terrier stomach is permanently bloated, she is

Customer Question

my fox terrier stomach is permanently bloated, she is drinking at least 1ltrer of water a day and is snorting like a pig and is panting a lot, she's had a blood test and tested for diabetes, she is currently on a diuretic for a mnth if no improvement looking at an ultrasound, starting to become quite worried as she seems to be getting more lethargic and is becoming quite distressed during sleep.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did the bloods test for anything else?

How much does Billie weigh?

Does her urine look quite dilute?

Did the vet see fluid in her belly on ultrasound? Did they take a sample for testing? Anything else seen on the scan?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?