Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 75 pound golden may have ingested two Nexguard flea and

Customer Question

My 75 pound golden may have ingested two Nexguard flea and tick chewables. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. This should be no problem, this product { Nexguard Chewables } has a very wide margin of safety in the dog, so much so that safety studies have shown that dogs in the study were given up to five times the dose and serious adverse effects did not occur.

You can read more of this study via this link : HERE

2. Of course if odd side effects do occur you should have your dog checked over by an ER vet without delay, expected side effects would include vomiting, lethargy, and inccordination. With a 75 pound do this would be quite unlikely.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Midas is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Nexguard.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Midas. How is everything going?