Dr. Matt
Dr. Matt, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM - 13 years experience in canine medicine and surgery.
58825837

I found ants in the laundry room where my dogs sleep. I hv

Customer Question

I found ants in the laundry room where my dogs sleep. I hv moved them to another location for the night. I have sprayed the entire laundry room w/Raid (which says can be harmful to people & animals). I plan to mop the laundry in the morning. Will tonight in another location & mopping in the morning be enough to protect them from harm - or should I do anything additional?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello - I am Dr. Matt - I would be glad to help you with your question.

I have good news for you! As long as the dogs do not ingest the Raid ant killer directly they should be perfectly fine. The ingredients in the these sprays can be harmful if a large quantity is ingested causing vomiting, lethargy, and sometimes diarrhea though even if they ingested a very small amount I would not expect any serious side effects. By spraying it tonight and then cleaning the room with a mop tomorrow before putting Muffed and Faisy back in the laundry room, you should eliminate basically all chances that they could get poisoned. I do not think that you need to take any more precautions other then keeping them out of the room tonight and then cleaning the room tomorrow.

Hope this helps to answer your question - if not or if you have any more questions please feel free to reply. Thank you for your question.