Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a 4 year old yellow lab. I have queen palm trees in

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old yellow lab. I have queen palm trees in the yard of my new house and she ate some of the seeds that fell for several days. I noticed that she passed them whole in her feces. I have had tree trimmers remove the remaining seeds. For the past several days I have noticed she has diluted blood stains on the fur under and to one side of her anus. She acts normal, and her stools are normal. However, I am concerned. Labs can be on death's door and still wag their tails....
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Had she been scooting or dragging her bottom on the ground prior to your seeing blood?

Did she have any blood on her stools since these stains appeared?

Any sores, tenderness, or swellings around the rectum?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
Thank you for your reply and questions.
No, she has not scooted or dragged her bottom. No blood in her stools, or any change around her rectum other than a possible increase in redness. And, no change in her gums.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

When did she last pass a seed?

Did the blood start before or after that?

How much are you seeing? a spoonful, more , less?