Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My german shepard is lethargic and cannot walk more than a

Customer Question

My german shepard is lethargic and cannot walk more than a 100 ft without laying down to rest
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why did I pay 20 bucks to sit here all night and wait for an answer?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Clyde's lethargy and exercise intolerance are important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. If I can't see any reason for his symptoms in the blood work I might recommend blood tests that weren't performed and if not performed already, X-rays of Clyde's heart and lungs. Such symptoms in a 7 year old German shepherd are worrisome for both lower respiratory and cardiovascular disease - neither of which might be revealed in blood tests.