Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

How contagious is whip worms with dog to dog contact if

Customer Question

how contagious is whip worms with dog to dog contact if there stool is disposed of immediately.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, I do have to warn you that whipworms are very easily passed from dog to dog. Even if feces is removed immediately, if any microscopic fecal material containing whipworm eggs is left behind then the ground will be contaminated. In fact, these eggs can actually survive in the environment for years. Therefore, if your dog comes into contact with contaminated ground (or if you do and then bring home eggs on your shoes), we can see infection in our dogs. That is why it is important to use regular worming with a good quality wormer (ie Drontal, Panacur, etc) to prevent and clear any infection with these.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Have a good day,

Dr. B.

** Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! :

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet