Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My best friend has a skin tag under s chin is there anything

Customer Question

My best friend has a skin tag under his chin is there anything I can get to remove. I am retired and money is limited but I want to help him. D.O.G. is my pal
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Skin tags are benign and harmless to your DOG...unless it is interfering with function, there is no need to remove this. If it is large enough to cause your best pal discomfort, then the safest way to remove this is by your vet. This can usually be done under a local anesthesia and is not expensive. The very tiny ones can be clipped off and cauterized using Quik Stop available at the pet store to stop any bleeding but these must be very tiny to avoid any infection.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****