Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dogs inner eyelid has recently developed a black line

Customer Question

My dogs inner eyelid has recently developed a black line along the bottom. Just his right eye, no tearing, swelling, or inflammation. Is this normal?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is not unusual for this area to have a pigment change for no obvious reason. The fact that there is no tearing or irritation tells us that this is most likely a benign pigment change in this area that will not cause sweet Loki any harm. I would certainly keep a close eye on this area since there can be benign tumors that can form on the inner eyelid or enlarged Harders glands in this inner eyelid or Nictitating membrane. Any change, have your vet examine this but for now, just watch it.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Loki. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta