Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog had an abscess the other day on her left p that grew

Customer Question

My dog had an abscess the other day on her left hip that grew to the point it popped. The vet cut open a hole and drained it. She sent us home to let the rest drain and heal over the weeks, giving us medication. My dog was able to walk and stuff the day we took her home but the next day after sleeping for the night she can barely walk and has no strength in the back legs and her mid chest area look swollen on one side. She drinks but doesn't eat as much. She also throws up, and struggles so try and stand which she falls. I'm sending her in the morning to the vet. What could be wrong?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Was she sedated for the draining of the abscess? How long ago was that?

What medications was she sent home on?

Does she seem unable to walk because she is sore with this treated leg?