Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My weiner dog is 11.6 lbs 9 months old and ate 40mg Lasix,

Customer Question

my weiner dog is 11.6 lbs 9 months old and ate 40mg Lasix, 50 mg hydralazine and 3.12 carvedilol
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (i.e. 1 & 1/4 teaspoons) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

I will calculate level of concern for each individual medication for a dog her size (5.3 kg) while I await your response...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Lasix normally is dosed at 0.5-0.9 mg/kg so for her size this would be 2.5 mg- 4.7 mg

Hydralazine is usually dosed at high end 3 mg/kg so 15 mg

Carvedilol is usually dosed at .31 mg/kg to start 1.6 mg

As you can see these dosages ingested were much more than advised for her size so if you are able to induce vomiting and remove them from her system that would be ideal

If there is no vomiting I would advise a veterinary er today to give stronger drugs to induce vomiting and administer activated charcoal orally and reduce absorption if at all possible

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to view my responses earlier and Stella is doing alright?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!