Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

While we were away last night when our dog knocked over a

Customer Question

Hello Dr. While we were away last night when our dog knocked over a jar full of orange marmalade jam. When we got home the glass was broken and there was nothing left of the jam. We found most big pieces of the glass but not sure if we accounted for it all. She is eating and drinking lots of water and seems a bit hyper which could be the sugar in the jam...but her poop seems black and soft. I didn't seem to find any glass in her stool tonight. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry that you are worried about Paris, and that you have waited so long for an answer. I am Rebecca, a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

I have been trying to answer your question since early this morning! There was some website problem, beyond my control, that kept me from helping you that has just now been fixed.

Usually (amazingly enough) pieces of glass do pass. How is she doing?

Black stool can indicate bleeding in the intestines. Has that continued?

Let me know how she is doing and if you still need help with her. I am sorry that some website bug prevented my helping you sooner. Rebecca