Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
Has your puppy been vaccinated?
How long has she had these signs?
Has she had any seizures?
It sounds like this may be a toxin that she got into. The most common signs of neurologic toxins are Marijuana ingestion and mold ingestion. Moldy foods and dead animals can lead to a mycotoxin that affects the nervous system. We usually see mild muscle tremors, weakness and lethargy. Marijuana leads to incoordination, hyper-responsive reflexes, a head shy attitude and dribbling urine.
Both of these will typically resolve on their own in mild cases. If the signs are still present in the morning, then I would have your vet look at her. In that case, I would start to worry about things like Distemper, meningitis or encephalitis. If the signs are gone by morning, then I would not look back and it was probably just something she got into.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.