Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have 3 female dogs not fix yet one is 3 and the one 2 and

Customer Question

I have 3 female dogs not fix yet one is 3 and the one 2 and last one not sure because I found her in the street .
Anyway recently they start fighting really bad sometimes we try to separate them and we also got injured its out of control .they just growl at each other and that's how the fight starts
What can we do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The very first thing you do is to get them all fixed...the hormonal issues can make them cranky and this will help mellow all 3 out. Next, purchase a DAP Collar for each dog This is a canine pheromone that acst as a calming agent and is available at the pet store. feed them separately so they do not fight over food and discipline them before any aggression starts. I have used a coke can with pennies in it and when you see even the slightest aggression starting, shake the can loudly and say strong NO! This can be very effective.

It also helps to take them separately to obedience school. This way they will make you the leader of the pack giving you more control over these situations.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Zoey,Zara And Zeppi. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta