Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our dog has swollen ankles, one worse than the other. He has

Customer Question

Our dog has swollen ankles, one worse than the other. He has been on an antibiotic & pain meds for a week now. He is not up & moving, unless it is absolutely necessary & he doesn't seem to be eating. He simply lays on his side. Also, he has been living in the downstairs area which is very unusual. My vet is at a loss. Any suggestions?
Thanking you in advance for whatever advise you may give me.
Nita Eckhart
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Nita, are you referring to Riley's front or hind legs? Has any testing been performed - blood/urine tests or X-rays? Is Riley febrile?

I'm just following up on our conversation about Riley. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Salkin,
Once again, I have taken Riley to my vet. A complete set of x-rays was done and the end result is that everything looks good. We have one more dose of antibiotic left and we have started icing his feet and ankles. At this point I am just taking it one day at a time.
Thank you for following up with me, your concern is appreciated.
Nita

Thank you for the update. I'd be pleased to review any blood/urine test results you could upload to our conversation if you wish.