Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Thank you I took your advise & was pro active & my

Customer Question

Thank you I took your advise & was pro active & my dog received his injection for the Addison's. She still wants to wait six weeks until the next one? I am going to have to ask her for her rationale I guess. Any thoughts on your end as to why six weeks?
Got the noise maker. As you can see 3:30. Thanks & I will tip you when I am done. Kathy & Kodiak
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

When I see the 3:30 posting, that makes me feel right at home on one of my ER shifts! Hopefully the noise maker will help Kodiak to rest more peacefully. I'm not sure on the 6 week wait. All the literature and experience I've had says that 28 to 30 days is getting toward the top end of the duration of the injection. I would be curious to see if Kodiak's demeanor / activity improve here with the injection. If things noticeably improve, then that would be an outward sign of things not being able to wait that long. As far as again checking to see where the body is at, checking the electrolytes will tell when things have waited too long as they will start to be amiss again. Let me know what questions this brings up. Get some sleep Kathy!

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kodiak. How is everything going?