Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is a 8 yr old German Shepherd in good health other

Customer Question

Hi My dog is a 8 yr old German Shepherd in good health other than having a history of a weak stomach. He had diarrhea the other day, and then today he seemed ok until tonight. In the last hour he has thrown up 4 or 5 times, until nothing is left except foam. He is also drooling. I don't really have the money to take him to an emergency vet, and the reviews are awful for the emergency vet in town. Will he be ok until tomm morning? or is he dehydrated at this point? He seems to be drinking alot of water. No other symptoms (such as extended stomach that would indicate bloat). At what point does he need to be rushed to the vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work in the morning trying to see if I should take him to the vet. If don't get a response within the next 30 minutes I will need to go another site.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read abouty our situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aidyou sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he been showing signs?

Can he keep the water down?

Does he look bloated?

Are his gums nice and pink (notwhite/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, doeshe have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boyfriend is taking my dog to the vet in an hour when the open unfortanently I did not get response to my question in time and had to go to sleep. I can tell u more now but really whether he need to go to emergency vet, and that time was my question. The site makes it seem like a response is usually within 10 min. If I am going to lose $ for nothing the I suppose I will see if u can provide advice for the next hour until he goes to vet:
So he is not keeping down water throwing that up, with direaha gums look ok. No bloated stomach. The vomiting has just been last night direaha the for a day. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I do apologize that no vet was available when you posted your question. It is rare that that happens.

In any case, since you are taking your wee one in, I will pass your question back to customer service for a refund.

Take care & best wishes,

Dr. B.