Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

My son has a seven year old golden retriever that he took to

Customer Question

My son has a seven year old golden retriever that he took to the vet because of a large cut on his left back foot. Actually it has a tumor in the pad of its foot and he had been chewing at it and almost chewed his toe off. The vet said the only thing to
be done was to have it amputated it put him down. I'm not sure what type of tumor it was but wondered if it would warrant a 2nd opinion and also wonder if there would be a chance of drawing fluid out of the tumor with a syringe.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet Gunnar today. Sorry to hear about Gunnar. When did you first notice the cut on his back foot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I answered your question I wanted to get more info from my son. He had described it to me but it is worse than I thought. The pad of his foot has turned into a three inch wide hole and is raw meat and starting to smell so they said
gangrene would set in and the pad next to it is becoming infected. The Vet recommended putting him down so it is scheduled
for tomorrow. So a 2nd opinion isn't needed in this case. Thank you very much for your time.

Okay sorry to hear about Gunnar. I will opt out so I can close this question since you don't need a 2nd opinion.