Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Could YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO EXPECT AS I

Customer Question

could YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO ***** TO EXPECT AS I GAVE MY PUPPY WHO IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD AND WEIGHS ABOUT 8 OR 9 POUNDS SHE IS A POMERAIN
I USED THE FRONTLINE TRIAK FOR THE 1ST TIME ON HER BUT I USED THE 23 TO 44 POUNDS ONE BY MISTAKE AND I PUT THE WHOLE TUBE BEHIND HER NECK AND DOWN HER SPINE....sHE HAS NOW HAD ONE HALF OF BENADRIL AND A BATH.P LEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO HELP HER...I'AM FULT OF GUILT AND AT MY WITS END..THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED....
......
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your quesiton, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

In most cases this is not a big deal if she has not had an allergic reaction to Frontline in the past. The best thing to do is wash it off, because Frontline is an oil base and connects with oils in the skin; the best thing to use is a degreasing soap like Dawn. Us full strength degreasing dish soap in the area where you applied the Frontline. Then suds it up really good and rinse rinse rinse. That wil remove most of the drug and should avoid any overdoses. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jo-Jo. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan