Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My syberian husky has a very large tumor on s d leg. Took m

Customer Question

my syberian husky has a very large tumor on his hid leg. Took him to the vet. Blood work showed that his kidneys are not function properly. He has become very sick, loss of apetite, drinking, pain, distress. tumor burst. Vet has prescribed pain medicine, antiobotics, pills for apetite. I think He is slowly dying. Not able to make a decision. Should I wait or put him down. Please advise.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your dog. Thank you for requesting me. Is he eating at all? Do you happen to have copies of his blood test results? Was a biopsy done on the tumor at all?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Generally, I think if a dog is not eating, his quality of life is not good, and it may be near his end. If he has an inoperable tumor, that makes things even worse.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Only you can know when it is the right time to let him go, you who know him best. But when I am asked for advice, I tell dog owners that when he stops eating, he may be ready to leave this life.