Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My GSP pupply 8 months scrpaed her nose and its pink. Should

Customer Question

my GSP pupply 8 months scrpaed her nose and its pink. Should put anything on it or let it heal on its own. She still likes to dig and it says pretty dirty.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. If she gets her nose dirty then there are a couple of simple things you can do to help healing. Just wash the area with warm salt water, then gently dab it dry with some clean kitchen paper and then apply the likes of Neosporin ointment. Do this twice a day for a week or ten days or so.

2. Of course if the nose becomes obviously infected then you may need a course of antibiotics from your vet, but if you follow the above this will be unlikely.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the nose problem ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.