Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Does a dog that has cancer smell weird?

Customer Question

does a dog that has cancer smell weird?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. My name is***** A dog with cancer doesn't typically have any "weird" smells to them. The only time that I can say with my experience that there are abnormal smells when a dog has cancer is when there is an obvious skin mass / cancer that has ulcerated open and become infected and that then produces a very off odor. The various other types of cancer that show up inside the body won't produce any effects on the body to cause an abnormal smell. What is going on with Jack that has you worried about this odd smell.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.