Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 120 lbs GSD is vomiting dark mucus. He is acting sick. He

Customer Question

My 120 lbs GSD is vomiting dark brown mucus. He is acting sick. He had boosters on Saturday, and I did notice either saturday pm or maybe yesterday he tried to vomit, but it was very little and appeared clear mucus/ saliva. He had been eating and drinking fine. I took him to his outside kennel this afternoon for 2-3 hours when it was cooler. When I brought him in I noticed he acted very tired, then he started vomiting. (2x) He will not even take a piece of cheese which is his favorite. He seems almost drunk. My concern now is that the people mowed our lawn sometime today, and I am concerned that they sprayed inside his kennel with something.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues couldnot aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

By drunk, do you mean weak or wobbly?

Did the brown mucus vomit look like coffee ground type material?

What color are his gums? Pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Has he had any black stool?

Do you know what treatment they used in the yard?