brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My dog has a fluid sound deep in her ESR canal and is

Customer Question

My dog has a fluid sound deep in her ESR canal and is scratching her ears alot and shaking her head alot
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like Koda has an ear infection. These can be caused by bacteria, yeast, or a mixed infection of both. They can occur due to underlying allergies or getting excess water in her ears.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

The best thing to do is schedule an appointment with your regular vet as soon as possible. They can find out if her ear drum (tympanic membrane) is intact. Any product has the potential to cause deafness, known as ototoxicity, if the ear drum is ruptured. In these patients, I may change my choice of cleaner and medication.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot reach your veterinarian, here is an easy home cleaning recipe. Mix 1 part white vinegar (5% acetic acid), and 1 part saline (0.9% NaCl). Fill the ear canal with the solution, and massage the base of the ear for 30 seconds. She will probably shake her head when you release the ear – watch out for flying cleaner and ear debris! Then, wipe her ear clean with gauze or roll cotton wrapped around your finger. Do not use cotton swabs in her ear.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.