Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Allery eye Drops needed yr old peekaboo. Is on apoquel 3.6.

Customer Question

Allery eye Drops needed for 14 yr old peekaboo. Is on apoquel 3.6. He used Zyrtec drops before not working now. Allergi flaring. Swollen paws and eyes. Vet gone for a couple days.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
It appears that the Apoquel may need to be increased because it is not able to keep down the allergies adequately. The high dose is 0.27 mg per pound so check on this dose.
You can use Zaditor allergy eye drops given every 6 hrs that can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy. Do this until you can see your vet on Monday to increase the dose of Apoquel or change the medication to help your sweet Gilligan past this.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****