Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

OVERNIGHT MY 120 LB GERMAN SHEPARD HAS DEVELOPED A "hot

Customer Question

OVERNIGHT MY 120 LB GERMAN SHEPARD HAS DEVELOPED A "hot spot" which covers the total inside of her rear inner leg-extending to her vulva and is now turning over her "knee joint to the outside. What concerns me is that there are "stripes" of color ranging from pink to deep purple , it feels very hot to touch, she is licking constantly, very agitated, not eating. I am wondering if I should take her into a vet on an emergency basis(it's Sunday) or can I wait till tomorrow?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Would you say it is spreading?
Can you confirm that she hasn't been bit by any spiders or snakes?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.