Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I just lost my dog yesterday and I dont understand what

Customer Question

Hi I just lost my dog yesterday and I dont understand what happened I came home from work and let them out of their crates let them out to go potty feed them and let them out again. Came in she jumped on my lap. hopped over beside me feel over and started crying for a few minutes and exhauled 2 times and was gone. She showed no signs of any stress. I had just made her yearly appointment
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.
I am very sorry to hear that Sadie has passed so unexpectedly. In regards ***** ***** causes for her sudden collapse and passing without warning, we'd have two main concerns. These would be heart failure or possible rupture of a previously undiagnosed tumor affecting one of her internal organs (ie liver, spleen). In either case, please know that while she may have felt disoriented and confused, she'd not have been suffering in long term pain.
Overall, these would be our concerns for Sadie's sudden passing. If you did wish to know what caused her to pass definitively I would note that you can request that your vet either perform or send her for autopsy. This would allow you to know exactly what has transpired and give you closure for her loss.
Please take care,
Dr. B.