Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dogs ate paper towels with laundry stain remover spray on

Customer Question

My dogs ate paper towels with laundry stain remover spray on it.. they are both 70 lbs each..they were in the garbage and it appears a whole sheet is gone..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please tell me how long ago this occurred and what the name of the laundry stain remover is?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometime earlier today and oxi clean max force laundry stain remover spray it had been used on the carpet in 2 places
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

OK please bear with me while I review the product. How are they acting? Any vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, lethargy, reduced appetite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither have vomited. They are acting as normal except they are in trouble.. no diarrhea.. they ate dinner and drank water recently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was just a few sheets there of paper towel so I was concerned. They don't normally get in the garbage ever.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Great! So reviewing the MSDS for this product it lists for ingestion: Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

So there are no indications it is toxic to them, just monitoring for any gi upset for the next 24 hours but likely you will not note any issues at all if it has already been a few hours

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! It is always best to ask and make sure there are no issues, definitely

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you all!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have helped immensely thank you!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome

If you note diarrhea please add some white rice to meals but I suspect at this point you should be just fine :)

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

How are your two Goldens doing today? I would love an update when you are able!