Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 10 year old Chihuahua/Pom mix is having back quivers.

Customer Question

Hi Doc. My 10 year old Chihuahua/Pom mix is having back quivers. They aren't constant but very frequent, especially when he's laying down resting. He has had previous L1-L2 problems in 2012 but medication and rest took care of that. He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain but I have been giving him muscle relaxers (prescribed for him).
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- When you say qivers, do you means shaking of the back legs?

2- Is he having difficulty getting up from the floor or going up stairs?

3- What is the name of the medication he is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a video of him yesterday so you can see the quiver. He is on Methocarbanol 500 mg. I've been giving him 1/2 a tablet in the morning and 1/2 tablet at night. He doesn't seem to have an issue with moving, jumping or be in pain but I've been keeping him calm.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but the video didn't post.