Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My Havanese female that will turn 11 in November, and has

Customer Question

My Havanese female that will turn 11 in November, and has always been very healthy, suddenly today appeared with a marble sized nodule on the bridge of her nose. She does not like for it to be touched and she pulls away. She is eating well, acting normally, and hungry all the time.
What is the likely disnogis?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. While there can be no guarantees if this nodule has suddenly appeared over a 24 hour period then the chances are it is nothing too serious such as a cancer for example. These sorts of things are usually abscesses, cysts or or allergic reactions to insect bites etc.

2. Provided your dog is otherwise healthy then you would be taking no risk in just observing it for a couple of days in case it reduces on it's own. If it does not reduce then the best thing would be to have your vet take a look to confirm the diagnosis. Many such simple lesions can be resolved with a course of antibiotics or simple lancing.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.