Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog was at the vet on Monday he was sedated - think may

Customer Question

hello my dog was at the vet on Monday for tests he was sedated - think may have Cushings, they also gave him steroids.
i got him to eat little bit on tuesday and he drank and went to the bathroom. Today he is worse, vomiting and cannot get him to drink water or eat. What can i do for him, i don't understand how tests could make him this weak & sick.
He is going to be 13 in December.
please any advise.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
What is he bringing up in his vomit?
Can he keep any water down at all?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Just in case the test is a red herring, could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Any diarrhea or black stool?