Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog has been vomiting (bile) last 3 days after eating my

Customer Question

Hi, my dog has been vomiting (bile) for the last 3 days after eating my other dogs faeces. He's usually with me or my wife/children, but they are away on holiday. He was left alone for 6hrs with my other dogs in the garden, and I noticed all the faeces was cleared up on my return from work. He vomited that evening ( feaces) and has been ill since, now has temp 39.5 and lethargic. I don't think he's ingested any toxins/yard disinfectant, but can't be sure, he will have licked the floor while eating the faeces. He's also urinating a lot,but not drinking enough to cover the amount he's urinating. He's quite clingy and stresses a lot. But I'm unsure what do do for him,can you help/advise?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How often is he vomiting?

2- How long has it been since the last time he vomited?

3- Did your vet do some testing like xrays and blood work?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Vinny. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter