Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

What can we do to stop the bleeding from s its a siberian

Customer Question

what can we do to stop the bleeding from his butt its a siberian husky
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian and I am hoping to help you with your Husky. I just need a little more information. Can you tell where the bleeding is coming from? Any history of this happening before? Any history of anal gland problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he barley started this morning

Can you tell if it is coming from inside the rectum or around the area of the rectum? Can you see any open wounds or any skin masses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its coming from inside the rectum and he is only three months old

Is he up to date on his vaccines? How is his appetite? Any vomiting? With his age and the blood coming from the rectum I would first be very concerned about a disease called parvo. This is a virus that attacks the lining of the intestines causing bleeding and dehydration. This can be diagnosed by having a veterinarian test for the virus in his feces. If it is parvo then he would likely need to be hospitalized and given IV medications to help with the blood and to prevent him from becoming too dehydrated. Other causes also include intestinal parasites such as hook worms, also eating something that did not agree with him such table food could cause him to have intestinal upset as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you suggesting we take him to the vet

Yes I would take him to the veterinarian as soon as possible so he can be tested and treated quickly. If he continues to bleed from the rectum, he can become dehydrated very quickly and end up becoming anemic. As soon as you can find a diagnosis, he can receive the appropriate treatment to help the bleeding stop.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank u for all your help I appreciate it

No problem. Good luck with everything. Let me know if you have further questions

You still can follow up with me even after you rate me and accept my answer.